Creek Families - Soon report cards will be sent home and student led conferences will occur! This is a very exciting time of year. Creek teachers are looking forward to sharing student progress with you. We know that students benefit when families and teachers collaborate in the educational process. You will see and hear teachers talking about standards referenced grading. Below are some bullet points that will hopefully help you better understand how student progress is measured.
Key Ideas Behind Standards Referenced Grading:
- Learning targets are taken from standards but written in kid-friendly language
- Reports student achievement toward learning targets at a given time
- Goal is for students to master learning targets, with multiple opportunities to show learning
- Provides teachers with information that allows them to adjust instruction to meet students' needs, noting students' strengths and areas for growth
- Encourages student reflection, responsibility, and accountability