Hello Prairie Hill Families,
I hope that this letter finds you well and healthy! With our school closure, I wanted to share specific updates with you that currently impact you/your student(s):
Report Cards: All report cards were mailed Tuesday, May 12th and reflect student progress during the start of the second semester (January 21, 2020) and through March 13, 2020.
Conferences: We will not be holding formal conferences during the school closure. However, we are available via email or phone for any questions. If you have not received a phone call from your child’s homeroom teacher you will be receiving one in the near future to discuss the report cards and check-in with you.
Picking up Student Items at Hill: Due to our school closure, we recognize that many student items were left at school. In compliance with CDC guidelines, we have put together the following plan to allow for student items to be picked up through curbside pickup. Items will be available for pick-up during the following dates and times:
Tuesday, May 26th: Student Last Name A-F Morning: 10:30AM-12:30PM / Afternoon: 4:00 PM-6:00PM
Wednesday, May 27th: Student Last Name G-L Morning: 10:30AM-12:30PM / Afternoon: 4:00PM- 6:00PM
Thursday, May 28th: Student Last Name M-R Morning: 10:30AM-12:30PM / Afternoon: 4:00PM- 6:00PM
Friday, May 29th: Student Last Name S-Z Morning: 10:30AM-12:30PM / Afternoon: 4:00PM-6:00PM
Our pick-up process will mirror that of a curbside pick-up approach. We ask that families pull up to the Activities (Gym) Entrance at Hill (or line up behind the vehicle in front of you). A Hill staff member will be there to greet you, asking you for your student(s) name(s). Student materials will be pre-bagged and brought to your vehicle.
- While putting together student materials, all staff members will be asked to stay home if they’re presenting any signs of illness, take their temperature before entering the building, as well as wear gloves when preparing the student bags.
- If you are ill or traveled outside of the state within 14 days of the designated pick-up dates, we ask that you stay home. If this is the case, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work together to develop an alternative pick-up plan.
- If you need friends or family to pick up your items, please email me at email@example.com to give your approval for them to pick up your child’s items.
- While it is not required, we are encouraging families to wear masks during the time of pick-up.
- If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Returning Library Books: If you have any library books at home, we ask that you bring them with you to Hill when picking up your student’s materials. We will have a Hill staff member meet you at your vehicle, allowing you to drop the book(s) off into the dropbox.
Returning CCSD Chromebooks: At CCSD, we are holding 4 return dates for Chromebooks loaned to students in grades K-5 this summer. All Chromebooks must be returned by July 28th, as we need time to prepare the devices for return to classrooms where they were borrowed from. Please find one of the dates that will work for your family:
June 8th: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at Prairie Hill Elementary or June 9th: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at Prairie Hill Elementary
July 27th: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at Prairie Hill Elementary or July 28th: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM at Prairie Hill Elementary
Thank you for your ongoing support! We have enjoyed finding flexible ways to stay connected during these times. We value your collaboration and commitment to CCSD and Prairie Hill. As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Principal, Prairie Hill Elementary