BEST PRACTICES FOR TEMPORARY VIRTUAL
LEARNING AND HYBRID
On a daily basis, check in with your student by asking questions.
- What did you learn today?
- What did you accomplish today?
- What did you find challenging today?
- How did you overcome those challenges?
- How can I help you achieve success?
Apex (7-12 Temporary Virtual Learning Option)
- Students should update their password information in Apex.
- Students should complete 3 courses by the end of first quarter (October 30th). Generally, students working 10 hours per week should complete a course in approximately 9 weeks. In order to complete 3 courses by the end of the first quarter, students should schedule 30 hours per week of Apex work.
- Make sure your student has scheduled enough time to complete daily assignments at a doable pace.
- Encourage your student to keep track of and stick to deadlines and due dates for assignments and tests in order to stay on track.
- If you have questions, contact your roster teacher.
Edgenuity (K-6 Temporary Virtual Learning Option)
- Make sure your student has scheduled enough time to complete daily assignments at a doable pace. Edgenuity recommends 40-60 minutes per course or 4-6 hours per day.
- Encourage your student to actively use the Assignment Calendar to track what course work he or she should be completing each day. Setting and achieving daily goals helps keep students motivated and determined to succeed.
- If you have questions, contact your roster teacher.
- Encourage your students to check, complete, and submit assignments in SeeSaw (K-2) or Google Classroom (3-12).
The Prairie football team will travel to Dubuque Senior this Friday, September 4. Dubuque Senior is limiting visitor spectators to 400 for the Soph/ Varsity FB game this Friday September 4th. Two passes will be given to each football player, cheerleader, and all coaches for their families. The remainder of the tickets will go to students beginning with Seniors on a first come first serve basis. All spectators are required to wear a mask. At this time all passes for the game are accounted for and there are no additional seats for the game.
The DUBUQUE SENIOR vs. PRAIRIE varsity football game on Friday, Sept. 4, at 7:15 p.m. will be live streamed. Visit Dubuque Community School District’s official Facebook page or Twitter page shortly prior to kick-off to access the live stream!
We are asking that each student take care of their district provided device. Below are College Community School District computer repair costs for the 2020-2021 school year.
Full Replacement – $300
Cracked Screen – $100
Replacement Case – $25
Charging Cord/Brick – $15
Chromebook / MacBook Grades 2-12
Full Replacement – $200
Broken Screen – $35
Keyboard Replacement – $30
Charging Cord – $25
Discussions of waivers due to financial hardship can be had with your building principal.
Students will be given 3 strikes per student for major fixes/replacements.
1st strike – $50 or cost of replacement part (Example if broken keyboard – would only cost $30)
2nd Strike – $100 or cost of replacement part
3rd Strike – Full replacement or cost of replacement part
NUTRITIONAL SERVICES UPDATE
TouchBase Versus Titan- Which do I use for what?
We understand when we implement new systems, it can be confusing at first. We greatly appreciate all of your patience and cooperation navigating these systems. Below are some tips for each system related to lunch and payments.
- This is the system where you will make all online payments for various items, view lunch balance and can view customer history.
- When logging in the first time, you will NOT create an account. You should click the Click here to Set Password button on the sign in screen.
- You will then enter your Infinite Campus Parent Portal Login or Email. You will receive an email with steps to create a password. This can be the same password as your Campus Parent Portal password.
- You can then log in using your Parent Portal Username and the Password you selected.
- Once in the system, you should see yourself listed as well as your students. You can then choose your items and make payments as well as view your lunch balance and customer history.
- Payments for meals are sent to Titan at 6am, 10:30 am and 6pm.
- For Assistance, please call your student’s building office or the Business Office.
- This is where you can transfer money between your students, apply for free and reduced lunch, view what your students have eaten, set limits on ala carte and other items and also view lunch balances.
- You will NOT make payments in Titan
- For Assistance, please call your student’s building office or Nutritional Services at 319-848-5337.
Curbside Meals: Due to the holiday on Monday, September 7, 2020, curbside meal pick up will be on Tuesday, September 8th from 10:30-12 Noon at Prairie Hill Elementary in the west staff lot drive through lane.
- Pick Up will be on Mondays from 10:30 am -Noon. **Sign Up Required** For the days that students are learning from home and not able to eat at school, meals for the week will be available for pick up every Monday starting August 31, 2020.
- Complete the sign up form for EACH STUDENT that curbside meals are requested for. This sign up remains active for each week of curbside meal pick up until you call Nutritional Services at 319-848-5337 to cancel. Depending on the cohort you are in, breakfast and lunch meals will be packed for 3 days or 2 days at a time. For virtual students, meals will be packed for 5 days at a time. The meals provided may require some cooking/ heating before consuming. All meals will be prepackaged.
- Drive thru curbside pick-up will be held at the west staff parking lot of Prairie Hill Elementary. Meals must be ordered by 2:00 PM on Wednesday the week prior to pick up.
- Meals will be charged to your student’s meal account at the paid, reduced, or free rate depending on their status. Only the parent/ guardian or student may pick up the meals. (Please note: Free and reduced status does not apply to children who are not enrolled at CCSD.) Student regular-priced meals are as follows: K-12 Breakfast $1.80, Lunch K-4 $2.80, 5-6 $2.90, 7-12 $3.05. Reduced-priced meals: Breakfast is $0.30 and lunch is $0.40.
- Sign up by completing this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdyv-vEe97YXf1xDUrm3nVWOkvIbY7kOFnszVBw5cBPd8tuOw/viewform?usp=sf_link
K-4 Birthday Treats/ Classroom Snacks
- Parents may charge classroom treats/ birthday treats to their student’s meal account as long as there are sufficient funds in the account. Payment must be received before the event. Cash and check payments are also accepted by the clerk of the building. Please order 1 week in advance. Orders are delivered directly to the classroom. Questions? Call 319-848-5337.
- Order by completing this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnnI2iEGrvfgo4LTXMlyZ9gU7wTh381zsXHHMexgEvrSkBQg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Reminders from the transportation department:
- All students must wear a mask while on the bus
- No food or drink on the bus
- Students will not be allowed to open or close windows
- Siblings will be asked to sit together
- Students will have assigned seats within the next week
- If your student will not be riding the bus, please notify the transportation department at 848-5204. This will allow us to make accurate seating arrangements.
Your busing information can be found in your Campus Portal account. Please check this site often. We have been making many changes and some routes have been updated. If your student has a split household situation you will only be able to see the primary address bus in the Campus Portal. We are working on fixing this issue. Please contact our office for busing information for the secondary bus.
SCHOOL START AND END TIMES
Click here for the 2020-2021 school start and end times.